EO Mentorship is a chapter-based program, where members create structured, goal-driven relationships aimed at accelerating personal and professional growth. Mentorship programs are also a key strategy for chapters to create member value, satisfaction and retention. Past participants have consistently rated Mentorship as their #1 EO benefit.
Formal mentoring involves the Mentee– who is responsible for creating his/her own personal growth objectives and milestones, and the Mentor who provides insight, perspective and support, within an intimate environment of experience sharing.
Successful mentorships are created through:
- Regular face-face meetings ; scheduled monthly for 1-3 hours of uninterrupted time.
- Written and shared SMART goals – focused on achieving desired outcomes.
- A 12 month timeframe – a time boundary that creates urgency.
- Mentee leadership ; fostering personal responsibility, growth & development.
- Structure and accountability – maximizing your time and investment.
Potential sources for Mentees & Mentors:
- You; the EO Member WPO/YPO members and Alumni
- Tenured EO members and Elumni
- GSEA & Accelerator participants
- Local Community Organizations- ie. SCORE, Charity/ Non-profit Boards, Local EO chapter contacts, clients of EO members, community service organizations, University programs, Military shadowing, etc.
Interested in Participating in a Mentorship Program? Click here for program overview.